who We Are
The Columbia Ad Club was founded in 1955 and is affiliated with the American Advertising Federation (AAF) which is the oldest national
advertising trade association, representing 40,000 professionals in the
advertising industry worldwide. By vote of the local organization’s Board of Directors, the affiliate’s name was changed in 2007 to AAF of the Midlands in order to enhance branding at the local, regional and
In 2021, the organization rebranded their logo, as well as, their name to
be AF Midlands. AAF Midlands’ rebrand was not just a refreshed
message or look, but a reflection of the Board’s commitment to
excellence following a year of tribulation. The Board was carefully
selected considering all levels of diversity and inclusion. From culture to industry, to age and gender, the Board is a true reflection of the club’s membership and a testament to working together to make our
AAF Midlands is a member of AAF District 3, which represents South
Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. Membership is open to any
individual or company involved in any way in advertising,
communications, or marketing.
American Advertising Federation
The American Advertising Federation is dedicated to serving members by protecting and advancing advertising interests, including the freedom to truthfully advertise legal products. AAF fulfills this mission through effective government relations, professional development, public education, advertising education, advertising standards, public service and recognition of excellence.
AAF Midlands exists to serve our members.
— Our Objectives
- Provide and promote a better understanding of the functions of advertising and marketing and their value.
- Apply the skills, creativity and energy of the advertising and marketing industry whenever it is needed to help solve social problems.
- Advance the standards of advertising and marketing through a voluntary program or self-regulation.
- Promote good fellowship and a free exchange of ideas.
- The club shall be non-sectarian, non-partisan and non-profit.
In addition, please feel free to contact any Board member of AAF Midlands.