The District 3 American Advertising Award winners were announced on March 17, 2014. Judges chose winners from 309 online, broadcast and print entries from agencies, businesses and individuals doing business in the Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina district as well as college students. Of those entries, 20 Gold Awards and 25 Silver Awards were presented to professionals, 9 Gold and 11 Silver Awards were presented to students. Entries were judged by a 3-judge panel for their creativity, originality and strategy.
The following Midlands-area organizations won awards at the district level for their work. Gold Award winners will now move on to the national-level competition, competing against work from across the United States.
- Judges’ Choice – Playing by Mad Monkey
- Gold ADDY – Maker Works by EdVenture Children’s Museum
- Gold ADDY – Fresh on the Menu app by Chernoff Newman
- Gold ADDY – Loyalty Fund by Mad Monkey
- Gold ADDY – Playing by Mad Monkey
- Gold ADDY – Fresh on the Menu Campaign by Chernoff Newman
- Silver ADDY – Richland Library Online Annual Report by ADCO
- Silver ADDY – New Morning Foundation Website by Riggs Partners
- Silver ADDY – NBA Allstar Sunday Promo by Mad Monkey
- Student Gold ADDY – Poco Dolce TV by Eshana Young-Pierre, South University
About the American Advertising Awards: The American Advertising Awards is the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition for creative excellence. The three-tier national competition is conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation, advertising’s largest industry association and the only one to represent the interests of all facets of advertising: advertisers, agencies, suppliers and media. The AAF is based in Washington, D.C. and has more than 40,000 members through 200 local advertising clubs. More information at AAF.org
About AAF District 3: AAF District 3 represents the clubs of North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia and is dedicated to serving members by protecting and advancing advertising interests, including the freedom to truthfully advertise legal products.