Communications & Marketing Manager- Palmetto Pride
PalmettoPride, the state’s anti-litter organization is looking for a Communications & Marketing Manager: PalmettoPride’s mission is to eradicate litter and promote beautification in South Carolina. Working through a grass-roots network of volunteers and government agencies, we use a four-pronged approach to litter prevention: Education, Enforcement, Awareness and Pickup. We house Adopt-A-Highway, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Clean Teams, and more than 2-dozen programs geared towards preventing and picking up litter. We are looking for a good team player who can work with the staff on creating marketing pieces, strategic plans, special events and media relations.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will work under the Executive Director and manage the brand and mission of the organization. General job duties are as follows:
– Graphic design, copy writing for collateral items, advertising, presentations, newsletters
– Work with the Executive Director on media planning and buying to include web, print, radio, television
– Advise the Executive Director on strategic marketing needs
– Create and implement campaigns based on our strategic brand as needed
– Manage website and social media presence for all programs
– Manage budgets for advertising and promotional items
– Create and manage promotional items for all program areas
– Media Relations – develop relationships with media outlets, submit press releases
– Work to improve media presence, both traditional and social media
– Create, enjoy, have fun, learn and be a team player
We are looking for a creative mind, a self-starter, a go-getter, a team-player… We want this person to work with the staff on program needs that will take our brand further than we’ve been before; to add new spins on our current brand messages; to help our Director and Board on strategic communications plans. Preferred qualifications are as follows:
– Five (5) years experience in related field
– Bachelor’s degree in related field
– Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, web design
– Media planning experience a plus
We offer a competitive salary, 401k and benefits. Please send resume to Sarah Lyles (firstname.lastname@example.org) at PalmettoPride or mail to 2700 Middleburg Drive, Suite 216, Columbia, SC 29204 by April 26, 2017.
Post a Job
AAF of the Midlands is more than happy to post job opportunities specific to careers in marketing, advertising and public relations. This service is FREE to members of AAF of the Midlands. For non-members, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 to post the position on our web site.
Please keep job descriptions as specific as possible and include contact name, phone number and e-mail address. If accepting resumes and applications via regular mail, please don’t forget to include your complete mailing address and zip code.
Please email job postings and billing information if needed to our Communications Chair, Valene Kitick at email@example.com