Communications Associate – SC Center for Fathers and Families
Download PDF of Position Description:
Uptown Editor and Digital Production Manager – Municipal Association of South Carolina
The Municipal Association of SC is seeking a versatile, experienced communications professional to fill the position of Uptown editor and digital production manager responsible for creating and executing print and digital content throughout the organization. The digital production responsibilities of the position will evolve as the Association’s inventory of communications and training products transition to new platforms in the coming years.
The successful candidate will have exceptional writing, editing, digital production, social media and proofing skills demonstrating a range of writing styles (news reporting, feature, technical, scriptwriting, etc.) for a variety of platforms (print, video, audio, social media). This person will be experienced in managing, writing and editing multiple large and small, long-range and short-term deadline-specific print and digital projects on a wide range of topics.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Serve as editor of Uptown, the Association’s monthly 16-page magazine. This will include developing and managing a 12-month editorial calendar cycle, researching story ideas, writing articles, assigning and managing freelance writers, managing the editing and proofing process, and working with an outsourced designer. The editor will typically be working simultaneously on three issues at different stages of the process.
- Work across departments to create and execute a variety of digital training and outreach content (short form training videos, podcasts, social media video, live streaming, etc) that is strategically integrated across all digital platforms including the website and social media.
- Manage the writing and editing of a variety of publications including the Association’s dozen-plus training handbooks; 30-plus meeting programs and brochures; annual report; weekly member email; daily news clips email and video scripts.
- Strong understanding of AP Style and will serve as “final eyes” of quality control for all written materials produced by the organization
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, media production or related field. Five to seven years of experience in increasingly responsible roles managing multiple print and digital projects. Excellent writing, editing and digital productions skills along with proficiency in Microsoft products, social media and digital production software are required; experience with databases and design software is a plus.
How to apply: Submit a resume, cover letter and at least three writing and digital production samples illustrating a variety of writing styles and productions to Summer Randall, Human Resources Manager, Municipal Association of South Carolina, PO Box 12109, Columbia, SC 29211-2109 or email at email@example.com. For more information about the Municipal Association of South Carolina, visit www.masc.sc. The deadline to apply is August 6.
The Municipal Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertising Manager for Student Media Team – University of South Carolina
Student Life is seeking an advertising manager to join our Student Media team. This role is responsible for responsible for overseeing, advising, and supervising the operation of a student sales office, which is responsible for generating approximately $400,000 in advertising revenue as well as a student run marketing and public relations team. The preferred candidate will have specialized knowledge, training or experience in media sales and marketing. Position is full-time and offers full state benefits. A link to the posting is below. All inquiries should be directed to Sammie Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Details: http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/30947
Marketing Consultant – WACH FOX
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all the major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WACH FOX is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Marketing Consultant. We are looking for someone who will meet or exceed revenue goals by designing creative client campaigns that drive desired business results. The ideal candidate will be someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising.
In this position, you’re expected to:
- Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
- Develop new business and create results for clients through creative and effective targeted campaigns
- Research and build campaign solutions, including overall branding and creative and ensure campaign execution meets client expectation
- Establish trusting relationships with clients, community and Sinclair and meet all commitments with adequate preparation, delivery and follow-through
- Grow your book of business in alignment with goals while identifying companies that are expanding, relocating, hiring
- Meet or exceed revenue targets for existing, new, and digital business, as well as corporate initiatives and develop a strategy to support achievement of goals
- Grow share of clients’ advertising spend while increasing their overall spend
- Support quality deliverables to drive client results
- Support collection of receivables
- Build and enhance sales skills, to include effective story-telling, prospecting and relationship-building, negotiation, closing
- Develop capabilities to produce creative and effective campaigns
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset
- Driven by practical results, opportunities to learn, and opportunities to assist others with intention
- Effective relationship building, customer service, communication, and negotiation skills
- Superior business acumen related to new media, digital interactive initiatives, and social media required
- Media sales experience is preferred
- An excellent understanding of TV and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
- Ability to effectively communicate, build rapport, and relate well to all kinds of people
- Professional appearance is a must
- Reliable transportation and a good driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location: Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Account Manager – Riggs Partners
Riggs Partners is seeking an Account Manager. Ideal candidates would have five to seven years experience in the marketing communications field, either in an agency or client-side marketing department. Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
PR/Social Media Specialist – Chernoff Newman
Chernoff Newman is a full-service integrated marketing communications firm, specializing in food and beverage, health care, energy, financial services, insurance, real estate, education and workforce development.
Our agency is adding a Public Relations and Social Media Specialist to our PR team. If you think you fit the below qualifications, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our agency culture demands the following things:
- Being people-oriented
- Thinking big
- Having business savvy
- A get it done attitude
- Showing pride in work
If this describes you, here are the nuts-and-bolts of the Public Relations/Social Media Specialist job:
General Requirements/Client Relations
- Development, support and execution of integrated communications strategies, including: public relations, social media, grassroots initiatives, marketing and digital experiences.
- Development of meaningful relationships with clients, to be recognized as a main point of contact.
- Cultivation and maintenance of strong contacts with media including traditional outlets and bloggers, to secure top placements for clients.
- Media inquiry response, cultivation of media lists, story pitching, editorial calendar opportunities, and other traditional public relations requirements.
- Ability to develop high-quality written materials to support media relations success.
- Creation of social media content and strategies.
- Actively manage, monitor, measure and report on social media channels for multiple clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of PR experience, ideally within an agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Experience pitching media outlets and creating social media content for various projects and organizations
- Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms, including monitoring and management services like Sprout Social, CoSchedule and Sysomos.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Self-motivated, proactive, strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed
We will assess qualified applicants based on experience, work samples, a personal interview and references. To apply, send us your resume with a cover letter.
Client Services Coordinator – Cyberwoven
The Client Services Coordinator is a dynamic and proactive support person for the Account Directors (AD) and Client Services Team (CST). This position is responsible for performing high-level administrative work and carries out a variety of responsibilities in the support of the day-to-day operations of the ADs and CST.
- Provides comprehensive administrative support regarding the day-to-day operations of the Client Services Team.
- Handles team Metrics and Reporting
- Organizes team meeting schedules, agenda and follow-up. Assists with creation and modification of presentations, spreadsheets and other various documents and reports.
- Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the firm. Supports and collaborates with the administrative team.
- Handle tasks associated with various projects and programs supported by the team.
What’s it like working at Cyberwoven?
Working at Cyberwoven is collaborative, fast-paced, and stimulating. You might not find traditional career paths here, but you will find unlimited potential for growth. We encourage employees to pursue personal and professional development, whether that involves volunteering for a local charity or attending an industry conference. We love self-starters, team players, and problem solvers. Interested? Please apply via email@example.com with:
- Cover letter
- Writing Sample
Corporate Communications Coordinator – South Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance
Farm Bureau Insurance is a leading provider of auto, home, and life insurance products in South Carolina and is seeking to fill an opening in Corporate Communications. The successful applicant will be a self-directed, detail-oriented communications professional. The primary area of responsibility will be executing an integrated digital marketing strategy to include developing, managing and measuring the company’s social media marketing campaigns. The position requires excellent writing and editing skills, the ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to deadlines, and the ability to collaborate and work well with others. Additional requirements include experience working with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. This position is also responsible for coordinating and executing corporate sponsorships and event marketing around the state, as well as working with local insurance producers to assist with the design and approval of advertising materials. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing. Limited statewide travel will be required. A Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required in advertising, graphic design, digital marketing, social media marketing, and corporate sponsorships.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by close of business October 25, 2017 to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Job
AAF of the Midlands is more than happy to post job opportunities specific to careers in marketing, advertising and public relations. This service is FREE to members of AAF of the Midlands. For non-members, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 to post the position on our web site.
Please keep job descriptions as specific as possible and include contact name, phone number and e-mail address. If accepting resumes and applications via regular mail, please don’t forget to include your complete mailing address and zip code.
Please email job postings and billing information if needed to our Communications Chair, Danielle Salley at email@example.com.