Lamar Account Executive
Lamar Outdoor Advertising is looking for an experienced Account Executive for our Columbia, South Carolina market.. This is an opportunity to join the nation’s most profitable outdoor company on a highly successful local sales team. Quite simply, we are looking for experienced and motivated people who love to sell.
As an Outdoor Advertising Account Executive you will manage and grow an existing book of business, find new business prospects, create strategic solutions to solve marketing problems, and help clients continue to grow.
- Meet and exceed sales goals and schedule each work day to maximize selling time.
- Work with existing clients to ensure their marketing success
- Cultivate and sell new clients
- Engage in creative process to deliver effective, compelling campaigns to our clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum 2 years direct media and/or relevant sales experience
- Proficient with social media, relevant software
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Good working knowledge of marketing research
All applicants must apply through the Lamar Corporate Portal applynow.lamar.com
Marketing Associate – First Community Bank
Marketing Associate – Administrative Offices – Lexington, SC
Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the bank’s marketing activities in advertising, promotion, sales, research, community involvement and new product introductions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Assist with development and implementation of overall bank marketing programs to meet corporate goals and enhance the bank’s public image.
- Assist the Director of HR/Marketing with the production of media, advertising and sales literature with advertising agency. (Agency liaison).
- Assist with in-house marketing efforts.
- Assist with the coordination of banking office openings and the bank’s participation in community events including coordinating event planning.
- Arrange for bank personnel’s involvement in bank, community and local school events.
- Assist in promoting the bank’s culture and image and in implementing a plan to communicate such, both internally and externally.
- Assist the Director of HR/Marketing to maintain budgets, schedules and tracking for all media campaigns and promotional materials for departmental reports.
- Process approved charitable donations.
- Oversee bank website and the accuracy of its content and coordinate modifications as needed with the appointed webmaster.
- Represent bank as needed during community projects and at public, social and business gatherings.
- Maintain level of technical knowledge through memberships in professional and banking associations and participation in various seminars and educational programs.
- Plan and implement research gathering and information projects relating to competitive analyses, demographics, product and service usages and customer satisfaction.
- Write and edit press releases and other internal and external communications as needed.
- Assist with special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of marketing experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
- Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
- Basic problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g., Word, Excel). Familiarity with report–writing or spreadsheet software preferred.
Corporate Communications Coordinator – South Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance
Farm Bureau Insurance is a leading provider of auto, home, and life insurance products in South Carolina and is seeking to fill an opening in Corporate Communications. The successful applicant will be a self-directed, detail-oriented communications professional. The primary area of responsibility will be executing an integrated digital marketing strategy to include developing, managing and measuring the company’s social media marketing campaigns. The position requires excellent writing and editing skills, the ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to deadlines, and the ability to collaborate and work well with others. Additional requirements include experience working with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. This position is also responsible for coordinating and executing corporate sponsorships and event marketing around the state, as well as working with local insurance producers to assist with the design and approval of advertising materials. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing. Limited statewide travel will be required. A Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required in advertising, graphic design, digital marketing, social media marketing, and corporate sponsorships.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by close of business October 25, 2017 to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications & Marketing Manager- Palmetto Pride
PalmettoPride, the state’s anti-litter organization is looking for a Communications & Marketing Manager: PalmettoPride’s mission is to eradicate litter and promote beautification in South Carolina. Working through a grass-roots network of volunteers and government agencies, we use a four-pronged approach to litter prevention: Education, Enforcement, Awareness and Pickup. We house Adopt-A-Highway, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Clean Teams, and more than 2-dozen programs geared towards preventing and picking up litter. We are looking for a good team player who can work with the staff on creating marketing pieces, strategic plans, special events and media relations.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will work under the Executive Director and manage the brand and mission of the organization. General job duties are as follows:
– Graphic design, copy writing for collateral items, advertising, presentations, newsletters
– Work with the Executive Director on media planning and buying to include web, print, radio, television
– Advise the Executive Director on strategic marketing needs
– Create and implement campaigns based on our strategic brand as needed
– Manage website and social media presence for all programs
– Manage budgets for advertising and promotional items
– Create and manage promotional items for all program areas
– Media Relations – develop relationships with media outlets, submit press releases
– Work to improve media presence, both traditional and social media
– Create, enjoy, have fun, learn and be a team player
We are looking for a creative mind, a self-starter, a go-getter, a team-player… We want this person to work with the staff on program needs that will take our brand further than we’ve been before; to add new spins on our current brand messages; to help our Director and Board on strategic communications plans. Preferred qualifications are as follows:
– Five (5) years experience in related field
– Bachelor’s degree in related field
– Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, web design
– Media planning experience a plus
We offer a competitive salary, 401k and benefits. Please send resume to Sarah Lyles (email@example.com) at PalmettoPride or mail to 2700 Middleburg Drive, Suite 216, Columbia, SC 29204 by April 26, 2017.
Account Manager – Chernoff Newman
Ready for a challenge?
We’re in search of someone who is a detailed oriented person but also loves to interact with clients. Someone who likes to lead a team of peers, but can also manage tasks on their own. Someone who knows tried and true traditional forms of communications like advertising, marketing and PR, but is always learning about new approaches in the field. Someone who has lived in the agency world but understands the needs and motivations of the client. Still interested?
Our account managers are expected to coordinate client projects from planning to completion, generate profitable results, and work with a team that is made up of a multitude of agency professionals and personalities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning, analyzing and evaluating relevant tasks to assigned client projects and needs
- Help develop workable budgets and account plans
- Collaborate with the Account Supervisor in preparation of recommendations, strategies and actions for the client
- Review, analyze materials relative to client needs — media results, research data, etc
- Coordinate and manage the activities necessary to meet the needs of assigned projects
- Handle assigned work requests in efficient, timely manner
- Assists in monitoring budget, and billable hours
- Maintain communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure that assigned work is handled in a timely and efficient manner
This opening is currently for our Charleston office, with initial on-boarding in our Columbia office.
A couple of other things that we’re looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, journalism or something else that reflects your understanding in communications
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in a discipline of communications, preferred in account services roles
- An ability to manage the internal administration of accounts, like meeting reports, work orders, etc.
And here are a few ways we describe the people who fit our into our agency culture:
- Curious – everyone here has the courage wonder what’s next for our clients and our industry
- People-oriented – this is a true team environment where our clients are the most important member of the team
- Big thinkers – we are all makers, innovators and catalysts for change
- Business savvy – our focus is on strategic, original work that drives a positive bottom line for our client
- Get it done attitude – we are client-focused, responsive and always thinking about measuring our results
- Pride in work – we do what we say by the best of our ability and we are always going for great
If you are ready for the challenge, then we are ready to hear from you.
- Planning, analyzing and evaluating relevant tasks to assigned client projects and needs
Spec-Video Production II – SCANA
SCANA’s Corporate Communications department is seeking a Videographer/Editor to join our in-house corporate video department located in Columbia, SC. The function of this role will be to serve as a videographer and editor for SCANA’s internal and external video needs. This role requires strong video editing, shooting, animation/motion graphics, video production, and project management skills. Position will provide composition, lighting and video services across all platforms (live production, interview programs, special projects and Web production.) Candidate must be highly motivated, creative and a self-starter with experience in corporate style videography. Must be knowledgeable in all phases of video/audio production and have at least three years of related experience.
Candidate must be able to shoot and edit high quality corporate video footage in HD and 4K formats. Candidate must be proficient at taking raw files to final product including color correction & stabilization, custom title graphics, after effects, and basic audio mixing within set deadlines. Candidate must be able to work well with a variety of team members and to maintain a professional and respectful attitude while on shoots with employees, customers, company officers and the public. We are looking for someone who has the ability to produce high quality work, “tell the story” with footage. Must be able to follow standards and guidelines for consistency as well as maintain organized files and backups. Must be able to meet assigned deadlines. Must be able to travel locally day-to-day, and occasionally overnight. Can be required to work extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
A minimum of two years of experience in Adobe Premiere Pro editing and content creation.
Production background and some corporate experience preferred.
Must be flexible and possess the ability to balance the management of multiple projects simultaneously.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Radio/TV, Film, Fine Arts or related field and three years of experience.
Position requires a strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop, as well as both the Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Also requires an in-depth understanding of audio visual equipment including professional camera systems, lighting, equipment, projectors, microphones, mixing consoles, video routers and switchers, and video conference equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SCANA and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, affirmative action employers. Our jobs are open to all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Please submit your online application on or before Sunday, June 11, 2017.
Administrative Assistant – Municipal Association of South Carolina
Administrative Assistant – Municipal Association of South Carolina
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant. This full-time position will support the legislative team, executive director and deputy executive director. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including wellness program and S.C. State Retirement.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to
- providing general administrative support to include data entry, proofing, website posting, drafting memos, meeting scheduling and logistics, and project support.
- maintaining all board documents including minutes and agendas and communicating with board members concerning meeting schedules and logistics.
- assisting in scheduling and coordinating training meetings and other events as assigned; assist with event registration; prepare and distribute information packets, agendas, badges and other meeting materials. Coordinate selecting and ordering meals and arrange for meeting room set-up. Travel periodically in-state to assist with meeting registration.
- managing travel arrangements for executive director, deputy executive director and the legislative team.
- composing documents and research and compile data for reports and correspondence.
- exhibiting strong customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- developing and maintaining efficient record-keeping systems.
- Associate degree or training/experience equivalent to two years of education in business, communications or a related field
- Advanced administrative skills demonstrated by five years of experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently managing multiple projects from multiple staff members
- Ability to master complex software including database management systems, content management tools and online solutions
- Strong organizational, time management, prioritization, grammar, proofreading, written and verbal communication, and analytical skills
- Detail orientated and ability to master job responsibilities quickly
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; proficiency with content management system software
Forward resumes to Summer Randall, Operations Manager, Municipal Association of South Carolina, PO Box 12109, Columbia, S.C. 29211-2109, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a resume by close of business on June 9, 2017. The Municipal Association is an EOE. Go to www.masc.sc for more information about the Municipal Association of South Carolina.
Post a Job
AAF of the Midlands is more than happy to post job opportunities specific to careers in marketing, advertising and public relations. This service is FREE to members of AAF of the Midlands. For non-members, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 to post the position on our web site.
Please keep job descriptions as specific as possible and include contact name, phone number and e-mail address. If accepting resumes and applications via regular mail, please don’t forget to include your complete mailing address and zip code.
Please email job postings and billing information if needed to our Communications Chair, Danielle Salley at email@example.com.