Digital Marketing Coordinator, Riggs Partners
Riggs Partners is looking for a motivated and analytical Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our digital team. The Digital Marketing Coordinator is a full-time salaried position with benefits. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will assist and report to the Digital Brand Manager and Digital Marketing Strategist.
• Manage social media channels on behalf of clients.
• Write and schedule posts across client social media networks.
• Assist with the implementation/execution of digital marketing campaigns spanning social media, programmatic display and video, search engine marketing and email.
• Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure campaign success.
• Work with data and budget spreadsheets to monitor campaign success
• Assist with preparation of analytics reports by collecting and analyzing data spanning social media, programmatic display and video, search engine marketing and email.
• Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends across the digital landscape.
• Undergraduate degree in marketing, advertising or broadly related field of study.
• Exceptional written and communication skills.
• Proficient in social media marketing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
• Basic knowledge of Google Analytics.
• Thrive in and enjoy a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, while working independently on assigned tasks.
• Fast learner with the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
• Apple/Mac user.
• 1-2 years of agency experience.
• Experience with Social Media advertising platforms.
• Certification in Google Analytics or Google Ads.
• An eye for graphic design and experience working in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Not afraid to wear many hats.
If interested, please send an introductory email with your resume to email@example.com
Riggs Partners is an integrated marketing, advertising, public relations and communications firm in Columbia, SC. The agency specializes in responsible brands that align organizational culture and business strategy with brand marketing programs. It is the founder of the national CreateAthon network. Visit us at riggspartners.com to learn more.
Board Member, South Carolina Cancer Alliance
The South Carolina Cancer Alliance’s mission is to reduce the impact of cancer on ALL people in South Carolina.
The South Carolina Cancer Alliance is seeking a new member of it’s Board of Directors. We take our governance responsibility seriously and select nominees to the Board who have proven leadership ability in their professional life and their community/civic involvement. We also seek individuals who are promising or emerging leaders in the professions or communities.
Our Board of Directors aspires to excellence in governing. Among the attributes we seek in prospective Alliance Board members are the following:
- Passion for our mission
- Willingness to learn and adhere closely to our Bylaws and our Governing Policies
- Ability to set aside your own personal/professional/organizational interests and deliberate and vote for what is in the best interests of the Alliance
- Leadership ability that could result in you one day becoming our Board Chair
- Ability to connect meaningfully with our stakeholders and be an effective ambassador for Alliance
- Critical thinking skills and strategic “big picture” orientation
- Ability to translate group values into written policies
- Capacity to dissent but accept and support the decision of the majority
- Discipline, diligence, preparation, attention, participation
- Previous Board experience is not needed!
We are particularly interested in individuals with the following the professional and occupational backgrounds at this time: CPA, attorney, faith leader, HR management professional, foundation executive, elected official, or marketing/PR professional.
New Board members are elected by the membership. Terms of office are two years, with the possibility of re-election to two additional terms. The Board typically meets five times per year with meetings usually lasting about an hour. A minimum of one Board meeting per year is face-to-face; the rest are by conference call.
Specific responsibilities of Board members individually include the following:
- Meeting attendance (must attend at least 75% of the Board meetings each year)
- Review of Board meeting materials provided in advance
- Annual personal financial contribution
- Open doors to potential new funders and donors
- Service on at least one committee or project
- Prompt review/response to emails concerning Board and executive matters
- Attendance at least one event per year
Individuals interested in serving on the Alliance Board are required to complete the attached Prospective Alliance Board Member Interest Form and return it to Henry Well, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of the form, you will receive an email to confirm receipt and we will add you to the pool of potential candidates for future consideration. If and when there is an opening on our Board that necessitates someone with your background and experience, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Production Manager, Department of Student Life, Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support, University of South Carolina
The production manager oversees production of Student Media publications and the supervision of a student design team. Publications include the Gamecock student newspaper, the Garnet & Black student magazine, the Carolina Insider orientation magazine and other departmental booklets, brochures and promotional items. The production manager and the student design team produce work for outside clients that include additional design work beyond traditional advertising.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee the design and production of all ads to publish in the Daily Gamecock, Garnet and Black, Carolina Insider, dailygamecock.com, and gandbamagazine.com.
- Oversee information technology needs of office. This includes maintaining three work group servers, providing desktop support and maintenance for 60+ desktops, laptops, printers and other devices.
- Hire, train, and mentor staff of student designers.
- Assist in creating and administering budget using appropriate university financial policies and tools to ensure that revenue and expenses are at an optimal level.
Associate degree in art and 4 years’ experience in graphics programs.
This position has been designated as essential personnel during inclement / hazardous weather and other emergencies. In addition, this position requires a variable work schedule. Evening and weekend hours will be required.
Experience in graphic arts for print and digital design. Experience communicating with outside sources such as printers and software/hardware providers. Experience in computer networking and technical support.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
Candidates must apply via the University of South Carolina employment system:
Talent Manager, Department of Student, Life 803- 777-9073
Open Rank Faculty Position in Advertising, School of Journalism and Mass Communications
The School of Journalism and Mass Communications invites applications for a tenure-track open-rank faculty position in Advertising. For this position, we seek candidates with expertise in creative strategy with skills in using big/little data, analytics and social media to develop strategic advertising campaigns. A solid understanding of the industry’s digital ecosystem will be required. This position is at the intersection of data and the execution of creative strategies.
The School continues a trajectory toward preeminence in teaching and research addressing “data, media and society.” Over the next two years, we plan to hire up to six new faculty, primarily in the areas of big data, media analytics, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence (AI) and data storytelling.
The successful candidate for this position will develop and teach a course based on using data and analytics to mine insights for creative strategy in advertising campaigns, and also teach either creative strategy, advertising principles, account planning or advertising campaigns. The successful candidate will choose between the professional tenure-track or academic tenure-track. Applicants must either hold a doctoral degree in mass communications or a related field by the start date of employment (ABDs considered), or have a master’s degree and is expected to have 10 or more years of national/global industry experience in advertising.
Candidates will be expected to make meaningful contributions to advertising scholarship or creative activity in their area of expertise, mentor graduate students, and teach graduate- and undergraduate-level courses in advertising. The successful candidate must have evidence of, or promise of, research emphasizing the theories and methods of data or show evidence of the ability to conduct creative activity with data in advertising.
Our diverse, engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment within the school. In addition, a rich potential for collaborative and interdisciplinary connections in big data and artificial intelligence exists across the university. The university’s new Institute for Artificial Intelligence lists more than 45 faculty members already engaged in some form of AI research; these researchers hail from journalism and mass communications, library and information science, education, social work, public health, engineering and computing.
The College of Information and Communications
The College of Information and Communications is home to two nationally recognized schools, the School of Journalism and Mass Communications and the School of Library and Information Science. The college provides outstanding teaching, research and community outreach. As such, it is one of only a few universities to combine its communications and information science programs, two rapidly evolving — and converging — fields united by a shared belief that information accessibility is the cornerstone of self-governance. The College has approximately 1,800 undergraduates, 400 graduate students, and more than 100 faculty and staff members. New assets available to faculty and students in both schools include: the Social Media Insights Lab and the Biometric and User Experience Lab. Both are designed to facilitate the study of issues related to data, media and their impact on society.
The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina in Columbia is the major research institution of the University of South Carolina system and its largest campus, enrolling approximately 35,000 students. The university offers over 320 degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral and professional program levels. Founded in 1801, it is among America’s oldest and most comprehensive public universities and is one of only 32 public universities to earn the Carnegie Foundation’s top-tier designations in both research activity and community engagement. South Carolina’s capital city is currently undergoing a number of urban revitalization projects and offers residents a growing range of artistic, cultural and recreational opportunities.
The University of South Carolina is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
All applicants must fill out an online application at USC Jobs: http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/68021. Candidates should be prepared to upload a CV, letter of application, personal statement, names, phone numbers, and email addresses of letter writers, and any additional materials that demonstrate educational and academic experience. Letter writers should provide signed letters on letterhead addressed to the Advertising Faculty Search. All application materials must be received no later than December 1, 2019. For more information about this position, please contact Advertising Search Committee Chair Kenneth Campbell (email@example.com).
Post a Job
AAF of the Midlands is more than happy to post job opportunities specific to careers in marketing, advertising and public relations. This service is FREE to members of AAF of the Midlands. For non-members, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 to post the position on our web site.
Please keep job descriptions as specific as possible and include contact name, phone number and e-mail address. If accepting resumes and applications via regular mail, please don’t forget to include your complete mailing address and zip code.
Please email job postings and billing information if needed to our Communications Chair.