Website Manager, Columbia College
Columbia College is hiring for the position of Website Manager. You will have the opportunity to work with areas across campus and with a dedicated firm as the website is taken to the next level. You should have an eye for detail, be a self-starter, team player and be able to build content for the various audiences. This position is part of the marketing/communications area and reports within the advancement division.
Primary responsibility is to update and maintain web content in alignment with the marketing strategy for the college.
- Update and maintain web content (e.g. text, images, graphic, video, metadata, URLs, links, etc.)
- Design unique page layouts as well as port content into existing templates
- Maintain and manage real time updates of events and news articles to promote the college and its activities
- Review and edit content for proper grammar and punctuation, clarity and readability
- Review and edit content for brand and content consistency
- Review and edit content to ensure effective SEO keyword density
- Conduct QA testing and website audits
- Coordinates with stakeholders to ensure that the site provides content and functionality that meet the business needs of the organization
- Communicate with management about digital marketing goals and results
- Ongoing interaction with website provider for management of site
- Responsible for working professionally and efficiently with all levels of management internally and externally
- Develop content that supports the brand strategy that can be used in digital promotion as well as print materials
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 2+ years’ experience in Marketing/Communications role as an individual contributor.
- 2+ years’ experience in website management, using content management systems (CMS)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Experience and interest in video editing
- Detail-oriented, with high standards for brand, messaging and quality
- Good sense for visual appeal, basic design and photography
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creative thinker
- Communicates timely and effectively (both verbal and written)
- Strong execution and implementation
Interested individuals should email their information (cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references) to the Human Resources Office, Beverly James email@example.com
Post a Job
AAF of the Midlands is more than happy to post job opportunities specific to careers in marketing, advertising and public relations. This service is FREE to members of AAF of the Midlands. For non-members, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 to post the position on our web site.
Please keep job descriptions as specific as possible and include contact name, phone number and e-mail address. If accepting resumes and applications via regular mail, please don’t forget to include your complete mailing address and zip code.
Please email job postings and billing information if needed to our Communications Chair.