Website Manager, Columbia College
Columbia College is hiring for the position of Website Manager. You will have the opportunity to work with areas across campus and with a dedicated firm as the website is taken to the next level. You should have an eye for detail, be a self-starter, team player and be able to build content for the various audiences. This position is part of the marketing/communications area and reports within the advancement division.
Primary responsibility is to update and maintain web content in alignment with the marketing strategy for the college.
- Update and maintain web content (e.g. text, images, graphic, video, metadata, URLs, links, etc.)
- Design unique page layouts as well as port content into existing templates
- Maintain and manage real time updates of events and news articles to promote the college and its activities
- Review and edit content for proper grammar and punctuation, clarity and readability
- Review and edit content for brand and content consistency
- Review and edit content to ensure effective SEO keyword density
- Conduct QA testing and website audits
- Coordinates with stakeholders to ensure that the site provides content and functionality that meet the business needs of the organization
- Communicate with management about digital marketing goals and results
- Ongoing interaction with website provider for management of site
- Responsible for working professionally and efficiently with all levels of management internally and externally
- Develop content that supports the brand strategy that can be used in digital promotion as well as print materials
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 2+ years’ experience in Marketing/Communications role as an individual contributor.
- 2+ years’ experience in website management, using content management systems (CMS)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Experience and interest in video editing
- Detail-oriented, with high standards for brand, messaging and quality
- Good sense for visual appeal, basic design and photography
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creative thinker
- Communicates timely and effectively (both verbal and written)
- Strong execution and implementation
Interested individuals should email their information (cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references) to the Human Resources Office, Beverly James email@example.com
Communications Coordinator Position Description, South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (SCCADVASA)
Communications Coordinator Position Description
Overall Job Function:
This position’s primary focus is to coordinate marketing, awareness and media relations for SCCADVASA with the goal of increasing individual and community understanding of domestic and sexual violence and their societal impacts, and elevating the work of the Coalition and its partners and allies.
South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (SCCADVASA) is the collective voice promoting the prevention of domestic violence and sexual assault in South Carolina. Since 1981, we have served as the leading voice of a statewide community of nonprofit leaders committed to addressing the critical needs of victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence through education, advocacy, and collaboration. We believe that the roots of domestic and sexual violence both lie in and are intertwined with historical and contemporary structures that are constructed to prevent all people from achieving their full potential in safe communities. We envision a South Carolina free from domestic violence and sexual assault—where primary prevention, healthy relationship practices, and cultural inclusivity are priorities.
Reports to: Director of Systems Advocacy, Prevention, and Training
- Develop and manage the organization’s strategic marketing communication plan, in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan and priorities.
- Coordinate the development of public awareness campaigns highlighting prevention and intervention to maximize statewide community engagement in addressing domestic and sexual violence.
- Plan, manage and coordinate website content and social media presence on multiple platforms.
- Research, write and coordinate the distribution of press releases to media. Serve as point of contact for media outlets in arranging interviews and media attendance at events.
- Coordinate the development of and provide editorial content for all publications, videos and awareness development materials.
- Work closely with member organizations to gather and disseminate important information, news and updates through SCCADVASA social media, biweekly e-newsletters, and other communications channels.
- Manage internal membership and affiliate listservs.
- Ensure that SCCADVASA events are visually documented to provide photos and videos for social media and publications.
- Staff the Marketing/Fund Development committee of the Board of Directors.
- Develop and present trainings and education (in person and via distance learning) as requested.
- Participate in organizational learning activities.
- Willingness to work within a team approach to assist victims, survivors, and other members of the public via telephone and other forms of communication in regards to requests for information and referrals.
- Represent SCCADVASA at national and statewide meetings as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required. Master’s preferred in communications, public administration, media arts, or similar field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A targeted writing sample, social media examples and/or presentation may be required of all candidates considered for this position.
- Ability to multitask and work well within time constraints.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and design software
- A willingness to engage in training to develop understanding of the dynamics and intersections of all types of intimate partner violence.
- Some (mostly in-state) travel is required.
- Must be able to secure reliable transportation, including driver’s license and proof of insurance if necessary when travel is required.
- Flexible scheduling to allow for work outside of regular business hours may occasionally be required.
Benefits: Medical, dental, short-term disability and life insurance (after qualifying period). Retirement benefits (after 1 year of employment)
Starting Salary: $35,000-$40,000
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
SCCADVASA is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment, or bias based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status.
Support in daily tasks and long-term projects at Experience Columbia SC with emphasis on social media, online content, customer service, marketing, and general office administration.
II. Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a social media and online content plan for Experience Columbia SC, Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center and Experience Columbia SC Sports. Ensure that content is integrated with each other and updated frequently across social media channels.
- Maintain interaction on social media through daily responses to incoming follower inquiries and comments. Some social media monitoring on nights and weekends will be required. Respond to questions and comments on some travel-related networks that are not owned content by ECSC (TripAdvisor, Yelp, Google Reviews, etc.)
- Craft and implement social media calendar. Write social media posts for review. Coordinate with other staff members based on assignments.
- Monitor and organize user-generated content for use on social media and website.
- Develop content for social media and marketing use through photography, videography and other vendors. Photograph places and things for use on social media as needed. Coordinate with staff, partners and clients on photography and videography planning.
- Coordinate with local partners on social media opportunities. Educate local partners on content opportunities with ECSC and how to have an established presence online.
- Assist with writing, formatting and posting website content.
- Some planning and coordination of marketing promotions and projects.
- Running errands involved in the coordination of marketing, sales or office administration as needed.
- Manage social media dollars for social media amplification. Identify audiences online through social media advertising platforms and ensure targeting is line with marketing plan.
- Monthly social media reporting, research, and data entry.
- Filing, copying, printing, emailing, and other office tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving– Identifies and resolves in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving.
- Interpersonal Skills– Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things; able to interact with the public at all levels.
- Ethics– Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment– Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
IV. Education/Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors Degree required
- Bachelors Degree preferably in marketing, communications, business, hospitality management, tourism management, journalism or related field.
- Strong photography skills are preferred.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- Applicant should have an interest in marketing, sales, and tourism.
- Superior writing/editing, communications, computer, and problem‐solving skills are required.
- Knowledge of social media networks, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs preferred.
- Must be an efficient and resourceful self‐starter.
- Knowledge of the Columbia area is essential.
- Must be able to interact with the public at all levels, clearly communicate, be able to organize, prioritize, follow directions, and complete assigned tasks in a fast paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
- Should be able to work independently and possess a willingness to acquire new skills. This is a unique opportunity to learn every aspect of what goes into selling and marketing a destination.
- Must be able to work outside of regular office hours on a scheduled basis. Must be able to work occasional weekends on a scheduled basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post a Job
AAF of the Midlands is more than happy to post job opportunities specific to careers in marketing, advertising and public relations. This service is FREE to members of AAF of the Midlands. For non-members, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 to post the position on our web site.
Please keep job descriptions as specific as possible and include contact name, phone number and e-mail address. If accepting resumes and applications via regular mail, please don’t forget to include your complete mailing address and zip code.
Please email job postings and billing information if needed to our Communications Chair.