Web/Creative Services Position, College of Pharmacy, University of South Carolina
The web communications Manager will provide leadership in website maintenance through the University’s content management system, online communications and emerging web technologies. The individual will provide coordination and support in the effective use of the college’s website and supporting offices/centers. Work closely with and under the supervision of Director of Communications in guiding the acquisition and implementation of technology related to videography, web design and other multimedia. Performs troubleshooting of website functionality and content and implements solutions to actual and potential issues. Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, must take ownership of success of the college’s web and communications presence.
This position will create a variety of media such as digital photography, digital video, audio, and graphics for the College of Pharmacy. This includes coordination of media productions, editing, television studio functions, media resources and online instruction. Position supports the college’s media objectives and projects. This position is responsible for understanding, leveraging and advising on web best practices by maintaining a good understanding of target audience needs and UI trends. Individual should be proficient in content management systems and all aspects of web design and maintenance.
The individual will work in collaboration with faculty and staff to plan and execute the online marketing for the college’s digital communications channel including the website, social media, email, digital displays, and other online content. The individual will be responsible for managing the digital and web presence and initiatives for the college and implement marketing initiatives on and through the web including maximizing the volume of inbound organic traffic.
The individual will investigate evolving and emerging web and communication trends, consult with faculty as directed by Director of Communications to identify and define web needs and be the college’s lead line of support for the website and social media. This position will be required to interface with college and university networking staff, CMS framework, and instructional technologists in the direct support of the college’s web presence. As directed by Director of Communications, performs faculty interviews and assessments to determine web and multimedia needs for the present as well as the future.
For more information and to apply: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/60039
Integrated Communications Coordinator, University of South Carolina
Do you like working on a variety of projects? Are you good at identifying new opportunities? Do you have a broad range of communications skills as well as event and project management experience? As an Integrated Communications Coordinator at the University of South Carolina, you will research, plan, implement and evaluate new and recurring events and projects, working independently and as part of a dynamic team. These range from coordinating the university’s presence at events across the state to leading South Carolina’s own TEDx event.
To learn more or to apply, visit http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/60983
National Sales Assistant, WLTX-TV, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Columbia, SC
WLTX-TV, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Columbia, SC, is currently seeking a full-time National Sales Assistant. The successful candidate will directly support our national sales and traffic teams, executing the day-to-day responsibilities of a high-volume operation. Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Data entry with high level of accuracy while providing exceptional customer service to national clients working with our Rep firm.
- Maintenance of broadcast schedules, avails, preempts, makegoods, audience delivery posts, pre-logs, post-logs, traffic and aging/collections.
- Maintain paid programming, including but not limited to working with the national rep office to ensure orders are received, secure allocations, provide log documentation as necessary and make reps aware of unfilled time slots.
- Coordinate commercial copy from all delivery systems, FTP and other outside services.
- Ensure quality assurance of commercial copy while working closely with TEGNA Traffic Operations (TCO) to assure accuracy, continuity and meeting log deadlines.
- College degree with a minimum of 2 years in a media sales environment is desired.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively within deadlines.
- Strong organization and time management.
- Ability to effectively solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel.
- WideOrbit, Salesforce, & Medialine experience a plus.
- Positive Attitude & leadership qualities.
For more information and to apply: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/National-Sales-Assistant/J3Q1MV6QXZ24W5S77XJ/
Digital Marketing Professional, Cyberwoven
Cyberwoven is a full-service digital strategy, design, and development firm. We create web experiences that are unique, intuitive, and seamlessly connected with the marketing and operating strategies of our clients.
Who are we looking for?
A digital marketing professional with a positive attitude to join our team with these skills:
- Thrives on creating business impact, understanding client goals and synthesizing multiple inputs into a cohesive strategy.
- An attention to detail and the ability to quickly think through a wide range of potential scenarios and solutions.
- Organization and excellent time-management skills are a must.
- A desire to learn and continuously improve.
- A proven ability to function successfully within a team environment and to build consensus across multiple teams.
- A positive attitude, collaborative spirit, and ability to work independently.
- Education & Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing.
- Thorough understanding of digital content marketing best practices and methodologies.
- Strong creative content generation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience marketing to both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising campaign development, search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing lead generation and inbound marketing.
- History of producing quantifiable results.
- Social media experience (organic & paid), as well as hands on experience with email marketing and blogging.
- Experience working with Google Suite, Mailchimp, Moz, SEMRush, Microsoft Excel, Hootsuite, Drupal, WordPress and similar platforms.
What will you do?
Regardless of role, two of the most important things you’ll do at Cyberwoven are adapt and grow. The web’s technologies and its users are constantly changing. Therefore, it’s crucial that all employees are open to taking on new and different challenges, learning from these experiences, and shifting behaviors and processes in order to be more successful the next time.
A Digital Marketing Content Specialist’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Research, develop and execute SEO-rich digital content for the full spectrum of multi-channel touch-points including online, email, social, website, ensuring adherence to client brand guidelines.
- Write copy for blogs, social media, digital ad units.
- Write campaign creative concepts (tag lines); develop digital content plans covering social, web and email activities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure implementation of approved content and alignment of efforts.
- Execute marketing programs with comprehensive outbound, inbound and content marketing components.
- Create detailed reports, dashboards, and presentations that explain content marketing activity and analyze the quantitative and qualitative outcomes of digital marketing campaigns.
- Perform proactive program performance in real time to help ensure delivery and optimize for maximum output.
What’s it like working at Cyberwoven?
Working at Cyberwoven is collaborative, fast-paced, and stimulating. We encourage employees to pursue personal and professional development, whether that involves volunteering for a local charity or attending an industry conference. We love self-starters, team players, and problem solvers. Interested? Please apply with:
- Writing sample or link to your online portfolio
Junior Content Strategist (part-time), truematter
Junior Content Strategist (Part-Time)
A junior content strategist at truematter supports the director of content strategy in gathering, managing, researching, planning, writing, and refining all content for internal and client digital products (websites, apps, intranets, and software).
What We’re Looking
For Writing Quality
This is a writing-intensive position. If you don’t wake up with a burning desire in your heart every day for writing, words, and language, this position is not for you. Show us you were born to write and strategize online content.
The right person must be willing to learn to write effectively for digital interfaces, a very different form of writing from creating traditional media communications. The junior content strategist will, on a daily basis, plan and write microcopy for clients’ digital products such as headings, buttons, error messaging, labels, etc.
An excellent junior content strategist has an innate understanding of how to sync words and content with both users’ needs and clients’ business goals. This person must be passionate about writing for the real people who use sites and apps and be willing to stand up for the needs and goals of those real people in the name of great user experience.
All things being equal, we’ll pay close attention to the candidate who is a strong writer, shows a sincere interest in learning to develop content effectively for the web, and demonstrates a take charge, “can-do” attitude.
- Strong Writing Capability – You must be able to write quickly, clearly,and with minimal errors.You should be familiar with one of the standard writing style guides, preferably AP style.
- Content Organization – Experience organizing disparate pieces of content into clear categories.
- Creative Problem-Solving – The ability to see a way forward where others might get stuck or have a difficult time resolving an issue.
- Time Management – Able to balance multiple projects with shifting priorities and timelines.
- Verbal Communication Skills – You must be able to articulate reasoning behind strategic choices.
- Collaboration – You should have experience with working closely with professionals in other disciplines and be comfortable problem solving as part of a team.
- Client Interaction – Professional, positive client interaction is a must in this position.
- Investigative – Be well-versed in conducting research and finding answers to difficult questions.
- Self-Starter – If you always need to be told what to do next, this position is not for you.
- A True Interest in the Digital World –You’ll spend the majority of time working on digital products. Prior experience with digital writing is a plus, but the desire to learn is critical.
- •Software& Technology – Experience/proficiency with Microsoft Office (Required); InDesign; Wireframing or Prototyping Software; Content Management Systems
- Code – Some exposure to or experience with HTML and CSS.
Plan, gather, manage, strategize, and write content for sites, apps, and software products. Produce content audits, microcopy, content strategy, and content management documentation for complex digital products. The person in this position often makes strategic and tactical decisions related to words, content, structure, and user tasks.Write additional internal materials.From time to time, the junior content strategist will also be asked to write additional materials including articles, press releases, email campaigns, case studies, etc. as the need arises.Write additional internal materials. From time to time, the junior content strategist will also be asked to write additional materials including articles, press releases, email campaigns, case studies, etc. as the need arises.Keep track of internal content efforts. This position is responsible for ensuring the consistency of internal publishing and content efforts including posting and promoting new articles, creating and sending email campaigns, helping to plan company events, managing speaking engagements, and more.Become a zealous advocate for the real people who use technology. Work to become an expert in the field of UX content strategy and people-centered digital products.Participate in user research sessions and client discovery activities. Advocate tirelessly for users and their experience with a site, app, or software product –particularly when it comes to the words.Learn content strategy. Immerse yourself in the fascinating craft of content strategy.If you have experience with content strategy, hone your skills and approach to create the best content experiences possible.Communicate externally and internally. Facilitate internal team communication, bridging the gap between content, visual design, and functional development. Successfully communicate the value of good content strategy and UX best practices to clients.Contribute in a significant way to client discussions and engagement.
- BA or higher expected but not required if work experience and samples are stellar.
- Typical degrees: English/Journalism, Communications, Psychology, Library Science
This is a junior position. No prior digital experience is necessary, but you should have at least 2-3 years of experience writing on a regular basis. You should be able to show demonstrable experience writing for a variety of media, industries, and audiences. If you lack this, you must WOW us with your innate understanding of the written word and outstanding ability to grasp and execute the position’s requirements.
Send your resume, a cover letter, and three writing clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be evaluated based on experience, writing clips, interview, and references.
Post a Job
AAF of the Midlands is more than happy to post job opportunities specific to careers in marketing, advertising and public relations. This service is FREE to members of AAF of the Midlands. For non-members, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 to post the position on our web site.
Please keep job descriptions as specific as possible and include contact name, phone number and e-mail address. If accepting resumes and applications via regular mail, please don’t forget to include your complete mailing address and zip code.
Please email job postings and billing information if needed to our Communications Chair.