Media Buyer, Chernoff Newman
Our media team is growing and we’re looking for a someone who likes to collaborate yet is able to work independently. At Chernoff Newman, we’re all about ideas and we like to explore creativity from every discipline. So if you’re drawn to the advertising and marketing world and specifically interested in media buying, then this is what you’ve been waiting for.
This position will be located in our Columbia office and is responsible for negotiation and placement of all media types and will also be involved in media research and strategic alignment of overall campaigns. Critical thinking and superior math skills are required, as well as an eagerness to take on responsibility and a competitive nature.
- Work with planners to make informed media recommendations
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media vendors
- Create and manage media buys from negotiation through placement, trafficking, optimization and post-buy analysis
- Present recommendations and reporting both internally and at times to clients
- Work with vendors and project managers to manage creative deadlines and ensure they are met
- Assist with management of vendor invoice approvals to ensure payments are made in a timely manner
- Help to train and manage media interns
- Setup and implement digital campaigns and prepare reports that including recommendations for optimizations
And here are a few ways we describe the people who fit our into our agency culture:
- Curious – everyone here has the courage wonder what’s next for our clients and our industry
- Team-oriented – this is a true team environment where our clients are the most important member of the team
- Big thinkers – we are all makers, innovators and catalysts for change
- Business savvy – our focus is on strategic, original work that drives a positive bottom line for our client
- Get it done attitude – we are client-focused, responsive and always thinking about measuring our results
- Pride in work – we do what we say by the best of our ability and we are always going for great
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or related field
- 1+ years of experience in a marketing or media role
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Proficiency with Excel
- Capable of working independently and managing projects from start to finish
- Take initiative in acquiring new skills and taking on work load
- Must exhibit professionalism and confidence in working with vendors, team members and clients
- Experience with managing paid social campaigns and Google AdWords preferred
For more information and to apply, visit: https://chernoffnewman.com/careers/media-buyer/
Post a Job
AAF of the Midlands is more than happy to post job opportunities specific to careers in marketing, advertising and public relations. This service is FREE to members of AAF of the Midlands. For non-members, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 to post the position on our web site.
Please keep job descriptions as specific as possible and include contact name, phone number and e-mail address. If accepting resumes and applications via regular mail, please don’t forget to include your complete mailing address and zip code.
Please email job postings and billing information if needed to our Communications Chair.